Hey Girls!
Tara here! Sorry it has been so long since y'all have heard from me--graduating and getting married makes one fall off the face of the earth. While I was gone, Misty (EdwardsBella) helped take over with blog and really pursued her own ideas and initiatives to get our readers further into the Twilight world and keep them coming to their favorite blog, US! Thank you, Misty, for stepping up! Daryl and I really appreciate someone taking initiative! As such, Daryl and I are announcing that Misty will be and is now officially a TwilightBlog.net Lead Journalist, and it allowed to refer to herself as such in any communications or articles she writes. Congratulations, Misty!
A couple of things to keep in mind with Breaking Dawn Part I hitting theaters November 18th!
1) Be EXCITED!
2) Post anything related to the actors, the movie, books, and/or promotions of the release.
3) Be careful to not infringe upon copyrights and/or steal/copy articles and pictures from other sites!
THINGS TO DO!:
1) Everyone should come up with their own idea of a weekly/bi-weekly promotion of Breaking Dawn Part I. This may be a read through of the portions of the book the movie will cover, anticipation reviews, contests specific to Breaking Dawn, countdowns that cover what you are excited to see/expect to see, creative short stories series of your version of Breaking Dawn, etc. You are NOT limited to these ideas! Within the next week (by August 14th), everyone e-mail me back or post here what your idea is, what you are calling it, whether it is weekly or bi-weekly, etc., and why you think your choice is beneficial.
2) Keep up the good work with tags! Just remember that we don't need a million little tags like "vampire" or "music," but some (2-3) good ones like "Breaking Dawn Update" or "Kristen Stewart." Also, remember not to create a new tag without permission.
3) Please, please remember that the title is what catches a readers attention. Making the perfect title IS VERY HARD, I know. However, the titles need to be short, if the title is long people will not be interested in reading the article. Moral of this story-titles are to be short, sweet, descriptive, and SHORT!
Also, we will be holding more interviews for journalists for the blog, so please be welcoming and helpful to anyone you see that is new in the near future!
I was thinking about doing something with Breaking Dawn premiere parties...haven't really came up with the logistics of it but I was thinking about maybe once a week give a Breaking Dawn party idea, something of that nature.
ReplyDeleteOh yes and thank you for taking notice of the work! And I appreciate the recognition :)
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about doing a discussion each week about main points of the book that I would want highlighted in the movie and get the fans opinions on what more or less the movie could add or take away from each. Good idea or no?
ReplyDeleteMisty--sounds like a fabulous, unique idea! Before you start you might want to get a rough guess on how many parties you could write about to make sure you will have enough to write about one a week--it may have to be every other week.
ReplyDeleteMelissa-I like where you are trying to go with this! Excellent idea! How often do you think you'd post, weekly or bi-weekly?
Hi all,
ReplyDeleteI've recently become obsessed with musically inspired fanfiction. So, I'm brainstorming the possibility of incorporating "Song of the Chapter" of even "Song of the Moment" or "Song of the Character" and then discussing the what, whym how. I'd even like to take suggestions as we move through Breaking Dawn from the readers different tastes.
What do you ladies think?
Thanks!
Stefanie
Stefanie-I like it! Go with it!
ReplyDeleteNow, I would like you ladies to think of a title for your project to headline it, decide if it will be weekly or bi-weekly and get back to me.
You have about a month to really think about and find things that you need for these projects, as I am going to name a start date sometime in the middle of September--I will let you know when it gets closer.
Ok posted the initial post for Breaking Dawn Premiere Party Tips and posted the first post for the cake :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try to do a "Did you know..." sort of post every week with little facts the average Twilight fan might not know.
ReplyDeleteFor example, "Did you know the name Carlise means “Strong as Lugh”. Lugh was a Celtic god of the sun and craftsmanship. Also known as “the shing one.” Interesting meaning for vampires consider in the sunlight they shine!"
I also have hopes to include actor information too. I think people could learn a lot about the movie/books/characters, etc. I hope to learn a lot too!