Monday, January 17, 2011

We Want YOUR Ideas

With a new year starting, TwilightBlog needs some fresh ideas. With these ideas we hope that you will understand how much the readers and fans appreciate and love what y'all post and do.

We want you to come up with your own idea that you can work on and show with/interact with the readers for a few weeks or longer. For example, Misty has been doing a re-read of Breaking Dawn and here is all the hard work she has been doing: xhttp://www.twilightblog.net/2010/11/taking-it-back-to-pages-breaking-dawn_06.html . Misty talks with readers who comment and is able to really see what her work does. She posts once a week and has been doing it for just over two months!

So, do some brain storming and come up with ideas. Share your ideas in a comment below and say which idea you'd rather do and I'll respond. If we share enough ideas together everyone will have one!

Things to Consider/Ideas:
-TwilightBlog last year hosted a creative writing contest, so this could be done again to be made annual (talk to me if you want to do this)
-Weekly comparisons between Twilight and past vampires in movies and on TV
-Play devils advocate and do a weekly post on a controversial aspect of Twilight and start discussions
-Start an ongoing creative story yourself and post a small to medium sized part once a week

11 comments:

  1. I would love to be devil's advocate..:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to start a creative story myself and post in parts for our readers to read, review and critique! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two girls can go ahead and start. For both of you, give me your titles when you have decided and we are going to make links/buttons for them!

    Stephanie-come up with a theme title even though the weekly topics will be different. It lets the readers know that its a series. Gather a list of ideas to write about and start looking at info and then start posts once a week. Try to keep it going for a month or two.

    Stefanie-Awesome! Let me know what you are thinking about for a story line. Get ideas together and when you're comfortable start posting once a week. Let's see how long you can keep it going! Also, come up with a good title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can do the comparison between twilight and other vampire films or shows from the past. There are quite a few these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm..how about Stephie Bear is the Devil's Advocate or StephieBear...The Devil's Twilight Advocate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa-Come up with a name, let me know what you choose.
    Then, create an intro post and explain the title and what you'll be doing, when you'll post, what they can expect, how you want readers involved, etc. Let me know when you've done this.

    Stephanie-Let's try: StephieBear, Devil's Advocate.
    Create an intro post and explain the title and what you'll be doing, when you'll post, what they can expect, how you want readers involved, etc. Let me know when you've done this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting ready to post it in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What about "Twilight vs" as the name? Treat it like a boxing match...like Round 1: Twilight vs ______ etc. What do you think? Do you think I should post once a week? That is what I had in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa-I really like your idea! Go ahead and start that introductory post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you girls can help me--with so many twilight fanfics out there, I'm having a hard time picking something to write about. Not wanting to touch canon--I'm thinking something "PRE" twilight or even "POST" Twilight...Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Original Dracula, Vampire Diaries, True Blood, and Underworld.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.