Monday, June 7, 2010

'Eclipse' Reviews, Cleaning Up the Site, & Good Clean Posts

Dear All,

With Eclipse on the horizon in just over three weeks we need to make our posts as concentrated on Eclipse themes, photos, info, actors and actresses, etc. Feel free to write any of your own creative pieces having to deal with or that revolve around Eclipse.

All of you also have the chance to, once you see the movie, to write a review of the movie and post it on the site. We are looking for 500-750 words for reviews. Our readers/fans will also have this opportunity. A few photos of your experience are also allowed in the post/review. Let me (Tara) know here with a comment if you plan on doing a review and when you are going to see the movie so I know around when to expect to see a review from you on the site.

I am cleaning up tags and the site some more and plan on getting a character list of the characters we are behind on having profiles done for. If you would like to be given a character or two to do profiles for, let me know here as a comment as well. The profiles will have to be done in the usual format and approved by me before posting.

An issue we need to address in general is quality of posts. Posts are getting sloppy again and titles massively long. Rules to remember (but please, all of you need to refer back to the guidelines for more in-depth instructions: go here):
1)Titles are short and sweet and describe the post. Robert can be shorted to Rob and "And" to "&" etc. If on the "Posting" tab your title is cut off with "..." then it is too long. An every once in a while exception is okay.
2)Combine posts if there is little info or it is about the same night/event/person. We want quality over quantity!
3)DO NOT post a video without an explanation, photos either. There needs to be 50-100 words a post!
4)Make sure you are tagging appropriately and are not forgetting tags. There should be 2-4 tags for a post, some have many more...
5)DO NOT MAKE TAGS/LABELS!
6)I have made a new Tag/Label, one that has been discussed in the past: "Promotional" this is for any charity events, Twilight Saga promo events, etc that are....Promotional! Ta da. Use this to label/tag them, not names of the events!
-I really do not like having to go through posts at the end of the day and clean them up and change all of these things...so please make quality, NOT quantity.

6 comments:

  1. I'll do a review of Eclipse - I'll be watching the midnight showing on opening day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ll also do a review of Eclipse...I´ll see Eclipse the 29th of June and the review should be done the 30th or the 1st of July :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in for a review on Eclipse as well. I will be watching it on Fri. evening, July 1st. Expect a review on Saturday, July 2nd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will do a review :) Going to see it at midnight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will also do a review. I'll be attending the midnight release on 6/29, I should have a review done by the 1st the latest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll write one too, going to the london premiere on the 1st as welll!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.